Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Little Entrepaneurs

On Monday night the girls had AWANAS. For those of you who don't know what that is, it's basically a Christian cub scouts where the kids memorize Bible scriptures. This past Monday they got to use there shares at the store filled with prizes. When I picked Taylin up, she had a sack full of goodies, but she wouldn't show them to me. She mentioned she got a ring pop and a sucker. I left it alone for the rest of the night. Yesterday, I looked in her bag to find five ring pops, six suckers, and two small toys! I was in shock of how much candy she got! (You would think I never let her have any candy!) I told her she couldn't have all of it and she had to share some of it. She was ready for the blow, I could see it in her face that she already knew she got to much. So, she thought for a minute and she said, "Mom! I've got a great idea! I can sale it!" With that, she set up a little table in the driveway with a sign attached and put her candy on it and waited patiently. She had one customer (mom). I don't think a single person went by the whole 45 minutes she sat out there, but she was still motivated to try it again another time!

Today, the neighbor girls came over with a sign up they had made for free ballet lessons at their house at certain times of the day. The girls signed up for a time slot of 4:30pm, put their leotards on, and went to their free lessons. I was told when I picked them up, they learned dances in the nutcracker. Their creative minds are the cutest things!

1 comment:

Mitchell Family said...

How adorable! And candy for a quarter, what a steal! Too bad I don't live closer because with a sugar tooth like mine, Rayna would have made bank!