Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Crazy Hair Day!

What is about little girls that they all like to cut their hair? Does anybody know? Is it the joy of taking their own hairs' destiny and being the one in control of it? Is the nostalgia of how beautiful they dream they will be after its done? Or is it just the curiosity of cause and effect? I'm at a loss! And yes, if you are wondering, my 4 year old daughter has done it again. She has gotten her little hands onto a pair of scissors and cut her hair. The really sad thing is, that just the other day I was telling my mother-in-law that Taylin's hair was finally starting to even out (from other incidences) and I didn't think I was going to have to cut it anymore. Boy, did I speak to soon! Its not like I was a negligent mother and left her in a room by herself full of scissors and she just happened to stumble upon a one. Oh, no, she was sneaky, and intentionally deceitful, she knew it was wrong! Although, after a rough afternoon of punishment, she says she will never cut her hair again. Well, I hope shes right. As a mom, I'm tired of covering up hair problems! Its funny, I keep thinking God must be trying to teach me something with this whole hair thing? Is my pride to big for my children's looks? I always thought that was just one of those natural biases that every parent has over their children. Or is God trying to teach Taylin something? Is it just a normal part of her learning about life and growing up. Maybe it's all of the above, but personally right now, I feel like God is working on me!

2 comments:

CollazoCrew said...

Maybe she just wants to get a head start on her career as a stylist? Just wait until she starts practicing on others!

Zoe@WelcometomyMother'Hood said...

Funny.. just after I posted the'Carys story'... I mosy over here and find a classic story about Beauty school dropout Taylin. I was on the floor! Poor girl, I totally get the hair thing too. It's like please, you only have a bit...maybe thats why I refuse to even trim Carys' hair for fear it will become the ever shrinking bob!I get it! Really!And it always grows back, maybe takes awhile but it does grow! Praise Jesus! Hag in the Kel,you r doing great! Lov Zo