Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Fall Traditions

I am definitely a person who likes tradition. Therefore, it's really not that surprising that I desire to instill them in my children! So, one of my traditions that I am attempting to put in place for us is making caramel apples in the fall. Today was our third year of making caramel apples. Taylin has gotten the hang of it and remembers making them now. This was Rayna first year to be able to help, and she loved being a big girl! From taking off stickers, washing and drying the apples, putting the sticks in, unwrapping the caramel, stirring the pot, to putting the goods on the apples, the girls were all in. Its cute to see how well the girls work together when we are doing a constructive activity. It's a nice change from the bitter sibling rivalry that often happens! Here are the pics of our day.

Unwrapping the caramels

The apples are ready to be decorated

Taylin is working hard at stirring.

It's Rayna's turn to stir.

Their yummy creations!

Anybody for a bite?

Enjoying the fruit of their labor!

2 comments:

Zoe@WelcometomyMother'Hood said...

I think you might have sparked something over here! They look so good...so much for my weight watchers! ha

Mitchell Family said...

Looks like so much fun and the girls will always have such wonderful memories! It really got us thinking about what fall traditions we want to start.