Friday, October 10, 2008

Fall Colors

Today we drove up to Lockett Meadows to enjoy the changing colors of the trees. There is something about fall that is all to inviting for me. The leaves changing, the cool brisk air, the apples and pumpkins showing up everywhere, the smell of cookies baking in the oven, and a warm cup of tea all are things that I love to cherish about this time of year. This year I am really seeing Taylin's memory come out. We usually drive up to Lockett Meadow at least once a year around this time and its been a year since the last time we were up there, but Taylin remembered the drive even before we got there. It is fun to see her be able to remember something. It was a really windy day, and was actually quite cold when we were there, but we still had fun having a picnic and walking around the woods. My little hikers were not as motivated as Mommy would have liked them to be, but I guess I can't really expect that yet.








4 comments:

Mitchell Family said...

How beautiful! I love Lockett Meadows...especially in the fall!

Zoe@WelcometomyMother'Hood said...

Love the pics Kelly! Great job.The girls are so stinkin cute! Lov Zo

Jessica Probert said...

Great color in those pictures! I love autumn (though I could pass on the bitter cold!).

Tiffani said...

I agree - great pictures! We were on the other side of the mountain at the same time I think! Brr!