Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Catch Up!

It's been a little bit since my last post, so this will be a catch up one. We have sure been busy lately and I think it's just a life style change that I'm going to have to get used to. Wednesday's seem to be my one day a week that is not so hectic, and today we ended up with a doctor's appointment:(


This was an attempt of getting a picture of all of us that went on our last field trip to Lowell Observatory. To keep with our theme of studying the solar system, we went to our home town observatory, which is really pretty cool! (We discovered Pluto over here!) The kids highlights were watching some solar flares through a telescope, seeing the enormous telescopes, and of course our picnic at the park!
The two best buds in the world!

This is a picture of the girls at the "Science in the Park" on Saturday. They are fishing for Arizona's prize fish (and of course candy, too!). Flagstaff puts on an annual Science Festival where a good majority of the town participates. It goes on for 10 days, with several different activities every day. It's pretty neat and a little overwhelming. There is no way you could accomplish all the activities.
Here is the girls showing off their bird nest that they made. If you will notice, they used the pretty, man made feathers and lots of glitter. I tried to encourage them to use the real stuff, good leaves and sticks, but they told me they needed a beautiful nest! Daddy calls them a peacock nests!


Here is one of the birds that was at the park. Live owls always look fake to me! I seem to have to take a double look every time (are they really real?)

Tobyn just chilled through it all and was a good sport. He has found his tongue, can you tell?

This is us at the hospital's "Fantastic Voyage"! The hospital puts up stations throughout on the human body and teaching the kids about the medical field. I can tell you that Taylin, at this point in life, will not be our nurse or doctor. I think most of the stuff just scares her. She definitely did not want to have her ears checked, or blood pressure taken, and was just frighten at the sight of real vocal chords! Rayna on the other hand, was very eager to volunteer and was intrigued at most things.

Amongst all the busyness and outings, Tobyn managed to get his nap in. I think I've got another thumb sucker and a blankie boy! Well, I'm off to bed because we have another field trip in the morning!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think Tobyn also found his Troupe cheeks too! So delicious! I want to squeeze them.

Tiffani said...

You got to experience "Fantastic Voyage" from a different perspective!