Monday, October 5, 2009

Fall Trips

The past few days we have made a few different trips around town to discover fall. Our first trip was last Thursday to our town Arboretum. We had a tour planned with several other families. The kids had fun with each other and they got to discover the gardens with touching, seeing, smelling, tasting, and hearing. We had a total of seventeen kids plus babies! But it was amazing! They were all so well behaved! After exploring the gardens and eating lunch, the kiddos were introduced to the raptures (hawks, owls, a crow, and a raven)! I have to say this was probably are best field trip so far.

Listening to the "Quaking" Aspen in the wind, and touching their sunscreen (bark)

Learning about the plant life in the pond

Tasting their mint tea that was made from the mint leaves harvested from the garden!

Taylin, Hannah, Rayna, and Livvy

Grant, Luke, Everett and Cole

That's a hawk!

That's another hawk!

On Saturday we went to a friend's house that has an apple tree and the kiddos had so much fun picking apples, their only wish was that there were more apples on the tree! They not only had an apple tree, but they also had chickens! Rayna fell in love with the chickens! I didn't have my camera on me, but I wish I would have gotten a picture of her with the chickens. She was chasing them around the chicken coop trying to pick them up. She would scoop up one and hold it for a few seconds and then drop it. Then she would run to scoop up another and then drop it again. I think she would have stayed in there all day with them, had I not encouraged her to come out! The funny thing is, my other daughter would not even set foot into the chicken coop, let alone touch one!

But she does climb trees!

Rayna, Taylin, and Livvy with their apples!

Since I am a single mom again this week, after the girls were done picking apples, we ventured off to Lockett Meadows to see the changing leaves! We hiked around for about an hour and then decided to head back home. I think the girls actually went pretty far on the trail. Rayna wanted to keep going and was very disappointed we had to turn around. Taylin on the other hand was ready to be done even before we were. After we made it home, I decided I was done! I think I'm ready to be home for a while! (and ready for my hubby to be home!)

1 comment:

Mitchell Family said...

Wow, you guys have been busy! Looks like you're having fun, though. Hope to see you guys next Sunday!