Monday, October 12, 2009

A Girl's Got to have Her Shoes!


Normally, I am pretty practical when it comes to the girls' shoes. I stick to what's on sale and what they need. For some reason, I felt for Rayna this last time we went shoe shopping a few weeks ago. We went for both the girls. Taylin needed some brown shoes and Rayna needed some crocks that she could put on herself. Well, we didn't find either one of those types of shoes in our small town of Flagstaff, but we came across some beautiful pink ones that Rayna loved. She had absolutely no need for these shoes, but I could see it in her eyes, the longing was definitely there. Rayna most of the time gets Taylin's hand-me downs and doesn't get as many new pairs of shoes as Taylin. For some reason I caved. I didn't stick to our plan and I bought these pink, sparkle shoes for Rayna. Taylin also ended up with a pair of shoes, but they were black dress shoes, that she needed. Both the girls wore their new shoes home from the store and were in high heaven! Nap time rolled around and Rayna was heart broken that I was making her take her shoes off to nap, "their beautiful," she said with a sad face as she took them off. When she woke up from her nap, still groggy, I went to snuggle her to find that she had already placed her shoes back on! And that has been our routine lately! She has worn her new, pink, sparkle shoes every chance she can. She has only taken them off to sleep, or when I have forced her to wear a different pair of shoes!

1 comment:

carol said...

Rayna I can relate to you and your beautiful new shoes! When i was younger i bought anew pair of shoes that I really liked.I wanted to sleep in them but knew I couldn't so I put them right by my bed so I could see them and when I woke up put them right on.Enjoy!! love, Gma Carol