Tuesday, September 22, 2009

First Family Field Trip!

I guess one of the advantages of being home schooled is the opportunity to take a lot of field trips! We actually have several field trips planned for the coming weeks. The kids seem to retain things better when they are learned in action! We are currently studying the solar system (space), so on Friday night we had a family night and went out into the forest and had a camp out. We had hobo dinners cooked on the fire and roasted marshmellows! We then starred at the stars and tried to find the constellations and shooting stars! Taylin wasn't to thrilled with letting the fire go out so that we good see the stars better, but she was with being able to make out the big dipper for the first time! I think we all had a pretty good time, but as we were loading up, Daniel asked me if this field trip was for the girls or me? I guess I got a lot out of it!


Tobyn's already enjoying the wilderness! (I decided he needs a more manly beanie, though)
Even Chase got to come!

All three of them crashed out from their late night of star gazing!


No comments: