Wednesday, July 8, 2009

First Smiles!

With all the time you give that goes into taking care of a newborn, you don't really get much back for it. From time spent nursing, burping, being spit up upon, changing diapers, getting peed on, holding, bouncing around, rocking, putting binkies back in, and singing to, your child usually gives blank stares and cries in return. Well, today the girls and I finally received our reward! He smiled! There is something amazing that happens to you when your baby smiles. It just melts your heart. That must be why when you finally get that smile, you spend the rest of day trying to get another one! It was a very sweet moment when the girls and I were singing "Beautiful Boy" to him, and he blessed us with his smile! We all got to see it and the girls were just as thrilled as I was. He must like that song, I do sing it to him often!




The girls are becoming quite good at being little mothers. Taylin was caught bouncing him to help him stop crying and Rayna wanted to sit by him and play while he was in the bouncer so that he wouldn't be alone. The only thing they really haven't figured out is how important it is to mommy to leave him alone when he is sleeping!

3 comments:

Zoe@WelcometomyMother'Hood said...

That top pic of the kiddos is darling! I want one!

Mitchell Family said...

How exciting that the girls got to share in Tobyn's first smile with you! Brooklyn keeps "smiling" as well...I'm sure it's just gas! But a mom can pretend, right?

Tiffani said...

Oh wow! He's grown a lot since we last saw you all! I'm glad you commented on my blog because I was wanting to check yours and didn't have the link handy here to do so!