Thursday, July 2, 2009

Father's Day!

Daniel's desire for Father's Day this year was to go out to one of our nearby lakes, Kaibab Lake, and have a picnic and go fishing, so that is what we did! I have to say Daniel had a little bit more of a frustrating time then he had planed. All was going well, we ate our yummy lunch, the girls were playing nicely in the mud and rocks with some new found friends, Daniel's poles were in the water, the dog was behaving well and not being a nuisance to others. So, I asked Daniel if he minded if Tobyn and I went for a hike around the lake. Daniel says sure, go for it. It ends up taking me about an hour. While I was gone, Daniel's peaceful bliss changed! It all started when Taylin told Daniel she had to go to the bathroom, #2! A little bummed out, knowing that the outhouse is too far away to just run her up there, Daniel reels in his poles, puts the dog on the leash, and tries to get Rayna to come along. Well, Rayna decides she is busy and does not want to be bothered with Taylin's need to go to the bathroom. Trying to persuade Rayna to come ends up turning into an all out fit and is topped off with her hitting Daniel. Embarrassed at the scene Rayna is causing, Daniel has to deal with disciplining her in public. Now that several minutes have passed, he returns to his efforts to get Taylin to the outhouse. After dragging Rayna and the dog along, he finds out his efforts are a little late. Once in the outhouse he realizes Taylin let a little of her poo poos slip. Sitting there wondering for a while, "what do I do now", he decides to remove the contaminates, and place her shorts back on without them. Upon leaving the outhouse he turns his attention to the dog and disciplines him for barking the whole time they were inside! Frustrated with the situation he tells the girls, "I can't believe you guys are doing this to me on Father's Day!" When I return from my very peaceful hike, I find Daniel sitting in a camp chair with his poles all packed up and he tells me he's ready to go! After Daniel tells me the run down of what happened he says, "I guess I had to be a father on Father's Day!"
Getting out their frustrations!
The girls new friends, Rain and Riley
Good, old Chase!

Taylin's new friend Rain

1 comment:

Zoe@WelcometomyMother'Hood said...

That gave us a good laugh... thnks for sharing...lov ya