Saturday, January 24, 2009

Tender Hearted

A couple of days ago we were all in the car on our way to some friends house for dinner. Daniel and I were talking and often the girls end up feeling left out, and will continually try to add to the conversation or try to start their own. After telling Taylin several times she needs to wait until Daddy and I are done talking before she can talk to me, I finally told her it was her turn. With that she proceeded to tell me this story.
Taylin, "We prayed for Jaden today at school."
Me, "You did." In a little shock to her statement.
Taylin, "Yeah."
Me, "Did you pray for him at lunch time?"
Taylin, "No, it was before lunch."
Me, "At your story time?" Trying to figure out more of the details.
Taylin, "Yeah, at our story time."
Me, "Why did you pray for Jaden?"
Taylin, "Because I miss him, and I was sad."
Me, "Oh,"
There was a pause of silence because I really didn't know what to say to her. I was a little shocked at her feelings. Although she never ceases to amaze me at how often she reminds others of her brother. She is not one to ever leave him out.
Me, "Did it make you feel better to pray for him?"
Taylin with a big grin on her face, "Yeah, Mom, it really did!"
Me, "Well, I'm glad."
And with that, our conversation was over. Daniel and I looked at each other and Taylin's sadness seemed to reach us. Although, I have to say, I love how much Jaden is so real to her, even though she never got to meet him. It seems to be a nice wonderful embrace that God sends to me.

2 comments:

Jenn - aka honey or mom said...

That is very very sweet. It is truly amazing what these little hearts think of sometimes. Livvy once asked of her Aunt Joy that died when she was four, "Is she still a little girl in heaven? I want to play with her."

Mitchell Family said...

Kelly,

That story brings both a smile and tears to my eyes. I am so thankful the Lord uses your precious daughter to bring comfort and remind you of His love.