Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Taylin's 5th Birthday!

This past weekend we celebrated Taylin's 5th Birthday! I can't believe she is 5! Was it really five years ago when we brought her home for the first time? I tried telling Taylin that it was a special day for me, too. Getting sentimental with her, I told her that it was the day she came out of my tummy and that I had to do a lot work on that day, so that it was kind of a celebration for me too. She replies simply with an "oh," and a smile and then on with the rest of her special day! And oh it was a full day! We were awoken bright and earlier in the morning at 6:30am by her excitement from all the presents that were in the living room! So, first it was presents in her jammies and then her favorite breakfast, heart shaped strawberry pancakes and bacon! Then Grandma and Grandpa Troup arrived, we went to the store to pick up her balloons and birthday cake, and then home again for her princess party! We had 5 other little girls come over for her princess party which was full of princess crafts, games, cake and ice cream, and of course presents! After the party was over I was ready to collapse, but Taylin was sure not. We had promised her we would go to Peter Piper Pizza for dinner, so we ended her day with more games, pizza, and prizes! I don't think she could have asked for a better day. She says her favorite part was her party with her friends! (An improvement from last year, it was the presents that were her favorite part!)
Bright and early in the morning, riding her new bike!

Taylin's all decked out for her party!

My sissy!



Craft time!


This is serious stuff.

One of the finished products, princess wands!



Getting the wiggles out with Grandma, silly time is the best!


Presents!
And more presents!








No comments: