Monday, March 9, 2009

Family Weekend

Because I still have a bad case of spring fever, we tried to get out of our cold weather and travel south again to some warmer air. It wasn't as nice as last weekend, but it was still better than Flagstaff. We went to Red Rock Crossing and spent the day picnicking, hiking, rock throwing, tree climbing, and rock collecting. One of the bummer points of this spot is that many others find it a very "spiritual place", and decide to build these things called vortexes (ie stacking rocks on top of each other). Every time we go I try to knock down as many as I can, I feel like its me knocking down the asherpoles like in the old testament! I also enjoy seeing nature as God intended and not a people make it. It's pretty sickening to me and just puts knots in my stomach. Anyways, this time the girls had a hay day at knocking them over! I couldn't have had better helpers! When do they ever get to be so destructive! We ended our trip with a stop a DQ to top off our day with ice cream!









My destroyers!


My rock thrower.




"I can see the world up here!"

No comments: