Friday, March 6, 2009

Beautiful Weather in the Red Rocks!

Last weekend the girls and I went down to Red Rock State Park and met my parents for a picnic and some nice weather, (Daniel had to work). The girls became Junior Buddy Rangers and got to where a cool badges, and I just enjoyed being outdoors in 70 degree weather (I have spring fever like no other!) It was actually kind of exciting to see how well the girls did hiking! It is giving me high hopes for the summer! Granted we won't be doing in backpacking, but little level hikes with long breaks I think are doable for them (mainly Rayna). The girls loved throwing rocks into the river bed and being the leader on the hike! My parents ended up taking the girls home with them for a few days because Daniel and I both had to work, but we also ended up with quite a bit of free time that we are not use too! It was nice! It's funny how I get so excited about the thought of the extra free time, but when push comes to shove, I'm always sad to have them leave me. But there is definitely something to be said about that whole "absence makes the heart grow founder" thing. Them being gone makes me treasure every moment I have with them and it makes me desire to be a better mom to them. So, I guess its healthy after all.




Eating lunch

Silly Girls!

My girls!

My Rock Throwers!

Grandma's chillin out!
My little hikers!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How Fun!The girls look like they've grown. I sure do miss them.love, gma Carol

Mitchell Family said...

I don't know what it is, but these pictures make the girls look so grown up! Where did your little preschooler and toddler go? They are becoming such beautiful little ladies!

Jenni said...

Oh, it looks beautiful there right now. Love the bird houses, where did you find those?