Monday, November 10, 2008

My 2nd 29th Birthday

It's funny the older I get, the less I look forward to my birthday. Why is that? I think its something to do with the numbers associated with it. So, yesterday was my 2nd 29th birthday! It actually was a really nice, simple day. Daniel woke me up with breakfast in bed, and then about 5 minutes before we left for church, he told that some people were coming over afterwards for lunch. He tried to keep it a secret, but lets face it, my husband can't lie! He can't even distort the truth just a little bit. Covering things up is not his cup of tea. Which really that is a good thing. Anyways, so he felt obligated to tell the truth. It was nice though, it wasn't a party, just a few friends and my parents coming over for lunch. Daniel BBQ and took care of the whole thing with my mom's help and I didn't help. After everybody left, we played the new Disney Scene IT game that I received from my daughters, which Taylin proudly won. Then the girls were in bed early, and Daniel and I curled up on the couch with a movie. It was a day full things I enjoy doing. So, thank you Daniel for making my day special.

Birthday cake is always a real winner with the kids!The kids were enjoying their own little party!

5 comments:

Zoe@WelcometomyMother'Hood said...

Oh Happy Happy bday Kelly! Here's to be 29 from here on out! yay to that! Hope you had a wonderful day with the family n we plan on having a lil celebration when you all arrive, if thats ok wth you. I promise,29 candles, thats it! Lov ya... happy bday! Lov Zo n the girls

P.s. your hair is soooo long. Looks great!

CollazoCrew said...

Happy Birthday, Kelly! We miss you guys!

Jenni said...

Happy Birthday! Looks like you had a nice day :)

Mitchell Family said...

Happy Birthday Kelly! I like this idea of a second 29th. I might have to try that myself...since the big 3-0 is just around the corner for me as well. Glad your day was filled with family and good friends!

Jenn - aka honey or mom said...

Hey, what's wrong with 30...or 33? :) Boy I'm getting old!