Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Blackberries!

Today was a perfect day! The girls and I went down to Oak Creek Canyon with my parents to pick the wild blackberries that are in season. I am definetly a nature girl, I thrive in the outdoors. Picking blackberries, then taking a break to swim in the creek and eat lunch, and then picking some more blackberries, just makes a perfect day for me. The weather was great. The overcast made it cool and we only got a few sprinkles. It was the perfect gift from God to help relieve my stress from our chaotic life right now. There is something about being in His beauty that helps me to take a deep breath and just enjoy the moment. The girls had a great time picking (but mainly eating) the blackberries too! Taylin was the big sister today and helping Rayna find the ripe ones. We did all leave with plently of scratches up and down our arms and legs (didn't think about the thorns when we were getting dressed this morning), but we also left with a lot more blackberries than I expected!

"Did I eat something?"

Playing in the water with Grandma

Taylin's not so sure about the cold water

Grandpa's taking a break

My snuggler!

Just can't seem to stay clean!

Blackberry speckled nose

The loot we brought home!

No comments: