Saturday, February 19, 2011

Things the Kids Say

The talk around our house these days are precious. There are quite interesting and funny conversations that happen to take place between my children and us. Here are a few of them that I can remember.

After reading a story to the kids about Winnie the Pooh, Tobyn was taking some time looking at the pictures. Trying to encourage his vocabulary I was pointing at things and saying their names. So, I pointed at Pooh and said "Pooh." He looks at me and points to his bum and says "Poo," and then continues to point back and forth between Winnie the Pooh and his bum and saying the word "Pooh." I couldn't correct the difference because it was just to funny!

Over hearing the girls conversation while playing (playing heaven I guess?) I heard Rayna telling Taylin, "Yeah, and the streets are golden with Pearly gates and there are jewels everywhere! It is sooo beautiful!"

I don't really remember how this conversation started, but somehow we were on the subject of heaven (I guess heaven seems to come up a lot in our house) and Rayna was very disturbed. She asked, "Mom, how will Jaden know who I am when I see him in heaven? Like how will he know that I am his sister?" Can I say I was almost brought to tears by that one.

Listening to Taylin and Rayna as they were playing dress up I overheard Rayna ask, "Taylin, is rich pretty?" Taylin, "No, rich is when you have lots of stuff." "But Taylin, all the things I have is pretty," replies Rayna. "Rich is like money and stuff," says Taylin.

1 comment:

Oscar said...

I would like to thank Ultimate Life Clinic for reversing my father's Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS). My father’s ALS condition was fast deteriorating before he started on the ALS Herbal medicine treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic. He was on the treatment for just 6 months and we never thought my father will recover so soon. He has gained some weight in the past months and he is able to walk with no support. You can reach them through there website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com